Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Brylee's Nursery Part 2

Matt and I had a busy weekend leading a kids camp for Mt. Hebron Baptist Church. The children were so precious and on fire on God. They truly understood what it meant to have a relationship with Him and desired to learn more about their Father. It was such a blessing to hang out with them at camp Hargis. We enjoyed beautiful weather while we hiked, swam played games and studied how we learn from the past, love in the now and look to the future. Here is the only picture I took from the weekend. 

The night before we left for camp, I whipped up some curtains for Brylee's room. I originally wanted the curtains to be the bottom two fabrics in the picture, but preggo brain appeared at the fabric store and I got a 1/3 yard too short. Matt saved the day by suggesting I use the left over grey material and add a panel to the top. The curtains were definitely a group effort. 


I am still working on the bumper pads, so stay tuned for the full shot of the nursery! 

Update on Brylee: Currently Brylee's favorite thing to do is to kick Mommy when her bladder is full. This girl does not like to be squished. Anything that cramps her style makes her throw a full forced punch or kick. Do I mind? Absolutely not! I love every kick and punch! I make sure to put my hand on my belly and chat with her any time I feel her move. I still can't feel it from the outside because every time I put my hand on my stomach she stops moving. I know it will happen soon, and I can't wait! I am dying for Matt to feel his sweet daughter! In other news, I call her Brylee girl. I have had the tune of "Spider Pig" from the movie the Simpson's in my head and keep singing Brylee a little song to that tune. It goes like this:
Brylee girl, Brylee girl. We love our, Brylee girl. 

Sidenote: I cannot believe I just shared that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment