Monday, July 22, 2013

It's a....{Gender Reveal Appointment}

It was a very long Thursday night! Friday we would find out the sex of sweet Baby Franklin and this girl could not sleep! I was so excited/nervous/anxious. I took the day off work Friday because I knew this would be a day of celebration and planning for the Gender Reveal Party held on Saturday. Matt and I got dressed in our pink and blue outfits (of course I themed us for this special day). The only  picture I have is this one I took in the waiting room. Attractive. 

Our appointment was at 9 and wouldn't you know that Dr. Ray was on call so we waited for over an hour! We have typically gotten back to see her quickly but of course of the most important appointment (or at least in my option) we had to wait and wait. We finally got called back to the ultrasound room. My heart was beating so fast. The tech puts the wand up to my belly and what do you know....stubborn Baby Franklin is turned into me, meaning we are seeing his/her spine and back. I pleaded with the tech that we HAD to see the sex that day because of the party happening the next day. She took the measurements and checked the baby's brain and heart. Everything looked great! I think Baby Franklin was just trying to teach us patience (already?!) and what is most important....his/her health. Out of nowhere and without warning the tech says, "You have a baby GIRL!" Shock. Excitement. Amazement. We started at our daughter's three little dots (apparently this is what they look for to see if the baby is a girl). We were thrilled! We still had to keep the gender a secret until the party on Saturday! Stay tuned for the next blog to see the party details!

No comments:

Post a Comment