Saturday, January 11, 2014

Brylee- Five Weeks Old



What a busy week we've had! Before we get to the week recap, let me tell you about what new things Brylee is doing. On Tuesday we were having play time like normal. I was talking away to Brylee girl. She had her first awake smile! And she smiled two more times after that! I was one happy mommy! My heart just melted. She also started laughing....or what I believe is her laugh. She makes this very high pitched noise when she is talking that I am calling her laugh. I love it! Brylee started grabbing hold of my hair and pulling it (unbeknownst to her, I'm sure!) That will make you want to cut your hair! She is becoming so much more active. She follows toys and bats her hand at them. She loves her play time! 

Time for the weekly recap:
-Thursday- We went to the doctor's office for our one month check up. I can't believe she weighed 10 pounds 4 ounces! That's up exactly 3 pounds from her birth weight. She had also grown TWO inches since birth and is 22 inches long! Wow! Here is a comparison photo from 8 days old and 4 weeks and 1 day old. 

-Friday- The Halton Doula Group has a bi-monthly mommy group called Breastfeeding Cafe. We had a great time meeting other mommies and will definitely be going back! I learned about baby lead weaning and am interested in trying it. 

-Saturday- Happy one month sweet Brylee girl! Learn more about her first month on the one month blog post!

I got a nice morning out at Wal-Mart and Target! I racked up on some Christmas clearance. (It was 90% off!) I also bought Brylee back a little surprise....a red sparkly bow :)

-Sunday- We got to meet baby Caleb, the newest addition to the Pineland Baptust Church family! We also took a family picture since we hadn't taken one since the first week Brylee came home from the hospital!


Sunday night we had an awesome dinner with Wes, Robyn and the boys! Here is a picture of our dessert! Yumm!!


Monday- We had a play date with some of our sweet friends from ROCK! We haven't seen some of them in a while since they graduated from the program so it was great to catch up! I failed to take a photo since Brylee slept most of the time. 

Tuesday- We went to our normal ROCK group meeting where we learned about introducing solids. Oh boy! It will be here before you know it!  
Also, Daddy gave Brylee a bath for the first time! She slept SEVEN hours after that. I know I know. Growth spurt. 

Wednesday- Brylee saw her first movie! Well....kind of. Some mommy friends from ROCK and I went to see Saving Mr. Banks at the Stars and Strollers event where every Wedneady at 1 they turn two theaters into a baby friendly place. They keep the lights dim so you can see to feed, the volume is kept low, there are changing tables in the theaters, and they give moms $2 off the ticket price! Brilliant marketing if you ask me! It was so much fun!


1 comment: